The Bay Rivers Telehealth Alliance (BRTA) provides training and education to its members to ensure they have the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively utilize telehealth technologies and deliver high-quality telehealth services.
How BRTA Offers Training & Education
- Workshops and webinars: BRTA organizes workshops and webinars on various telehealth-related topics, including best practices in telehealth delivery, technical aspects of telehealth platforms, legal and regulatory considerations, and patient engagement strategies. These interactive sessions allow members to learn from experts in the field and engage in discussions.
- Training materials and resources: BRTA develops and shares training materials, guidelines, and resources tailored to the specific needs of its members. These materials may include manuals, instructional videos, and reference documents that provide step-by-step guidance on using telehealth technologies and implementing telehealth programs effectively.
- Customized training sessions: BRTA offers customized training sessions to member organizations based on their specific requirements. These sessions can be conducted on-site or remotely, and they may cover topics such as telehealth workflow integration, documentation and coding for telehealth services, and patient communication strategies.
- Networking and peer learning: BRTA facilitates networking opportunities among its members, allowing them to learn from each other’s experiences and share best practices. These networking events may include conferences, forums, or online communities where members can connect, collaborate, and exchange ideas.
- Ongoing support and consultation: BRTA provides ongoing support and consultation to its members, responding to their questions, concerns, and requests for assistance related to telehealth training and education. Members can reach out to BRTA for guidance and advice as they navigate the evolving landscape of telehealth.
Telehealth Village is a collaboration between the University of Virginia (UVA) Karen S. Rheuban Center for Telehealth, the Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center and the UVA Office of Continuing Medical Education. The vision of Telehealth Village is to become the trusted, go to learning resource for telehealth fundamentals, technology, practice, policy, business development, and innovation and specialty applications.
The Southside Telehealth Training Academy and Resource Center (STAR) is a premier training program for health care providers seeking to use advanced telemedicine and telehealth systems to improve access to quality healthcare for rural and medically underserved populations. New College Institute’s STAR Telehealth program provides an opportunity for continuing education, career advancement, and professional development to equip tomorrow’s telehealth professionals to meet the rapidly growing demand for telehealth education. Telehealth encompasses a variety of technologies to deliver and enhance virtual medical, health, and education services.